I did an assessed ride with Lothian and Borders police last Sunday under their part in the national Bikesafe scheme. Here is the route that the ride took:
- Started at Peebles Police Station (shared with the Court Buildings) in Rosetta Road, Peebles.
- Turned left out of the Police Station onto Rosetta Road.
- Followed road to the left (March Street) at no entry signs for the one way street (Young Street).
- Followed March Street past Somerfield, to Junction with Edinburgh Road (A703) and turned right.
- Followed Edinburgh Road to roundabout at Somerfield Petrol Station, and turned right into Eastgate.
- Follow straight on to High Street.
- Follow High Street to roundabout, turning right into Old Town (A72).
- Follow Old Town on to Neidpath Road (A72) (watch for sharp left hander).
- Follow A72 to sign for Stobo Castle, turning left over bridge onto B712.
- Follow B712 past Stobo, through Bellspool, through Drumelzier (note sharp right hander).
- Follow right onto A701, parking up in layby on right in Broughton for a chat.
- Back out on to A701, through villages to Romannobridge.
- Turn right on to B7059.
- Follow and turn left on to A72.
- Back on A72 into Peebles, turn left into Young Street and return to police station.
And then wonder where the other three bikes got to 😉